Thursday, October 17, 2013

My Favorite Mistake

 
 
The Check Point
 
It was a Friday night, end of the week. The moon was full and shining so bright. No parents home, mom at a party and dad in Santa Barbara. I was home with my brother, sister and friend. A few hours after my mom left we felt a pain in our stomachs and then a growl. We were all very hungry. We called my mom and said "Can you bring us some food?" She said "NO, I can't leave the party I won't be able to get back in." Then I said "Fine Mother! Can ben take me?" She said "Okay Daughter!" I hung up and called Ben my boyfriend I asked him "Can you take me to get Chinese food?" He said "Of course, anything to see you Babe!" I said "Aw!!" I called the Chinese Place called the Rice Garden. I ordered the food and then I told them "I'll be there in twenty minutes." We left my house and started driving to the rice garden. We were driving down Broadway. I saw bright lights and then my heart dropped then I started panicking. I said "turn!!" Ben tried to turn but, we were in the middle lanes. It was to late to turn, then as soon as I knew it we were in the line to the check point. My heart was racing, my hands got sweaty, and I couldn't think. I told my boyfriend Ben "Let me get out because your not allowed to be driving with me in the car yet." Ben said "No! I won't leave you alone, what if someone takes you? It's dark outside." I begged him and he kept saying "No!" I could tell he was nervous and scared we were holding hands and I could feel his hands shaking. Ben told me "When we get stopped, we will tell them were on a date." I said "okay if you say so." We were stopped they asked "Licenses and registration" He looked at it and said "pull over there." We did and another officer came he asked Ben "Why are you driving with her your not supposed to." Ben said "I knew but, we are on a date." The officer said "Okay let me see your licenses and registration." Ben gave it to him and he left. We were sitting in the car with the warm heater on because it was cold outside. The officer came back and said "Okay, I will give you a ticket for not having your new registration and then you will not get your licenses taken away." The officer told us to call our parents to pick us up. I was terrified to call my mom because she would be mad. I called her hoping that she wouldn't answer but, she did and I told her the whole story. I waited for her response anxiously and then I hear her busting out laughing. I was confused and then she said "it's ok" Ben parents picked us up and we drove a few blocks away then his dad gave the car back to ben. We went to the Chinese place and when we were there they said "sorry, we threw away your food because you took long." I was furious I was about to make a scene but, then I told myself no. We went to panda express and when I got home we ate. I was dry and disgusting. From that mistake I learned to never get in the car with a person who barely got there licenses only after they have had it for six months. I also learned that there are still nice people out there in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment